Sunday, February 2, 2020

Feels like Groundhog Day

Hello Friends!

It is in fact Groundhog Day as I write this--and apparently the little guy did whatever he does that indicates 6 more weeks of winter. Boo hiss! It is snowing outside my window now so I guess that's true.

If you've been over on Social Media, you know I introduced the PeaceTree Fiber Adventures new logo. I love it to pieces! My best friend drew it for me, making it even more special. Looking forward to growing this brand and living the theme that everything grows from a place of Peace. If you haven't seen it, zip on over to our Knitting and Yoga Adventures Facebook page or @knittingyogi on Instagram to read the post.

Registration for all 2020 Retreats is in full swing. Cape Ann is full, Vermont has 6 spots open and Knit Maine (being a much larger event) still has plenty of room. What is interesting to me in receiving all of the registrations and questions is the vast array of people interested in attending. From beginners to advanced knitters, younger and older, from all over the US, attending with friends or attending solo--it's fantastic! All of these people trying to carve a weekend out that is just for them--I am all about time for self-care!

In answering the question about "is there something for me?" at the retreats around emerging, beginner knitters--the answer is a resounding "Yes"! At Knit Maine, there are lots of choices for learning, building on and improving skills. At Cape Ann and Vermont, we have a wide range of skill levels in our participants but the projects are always do-able. What's even better still is that the more advanced knitters are always willing to help those who need it, during class and in the evenings when we are just hanging out together with our projects.

Looking back over the years when I first started attending these retreats, I realized that my skill level has really sky-rocketed. Much more than had I been on my own, I'm sure of it.  The exposure to the amazing instructors that we bring in and the people that you meet, gives you so much confidence and the guts to try something new. To name a few, I've learned color-work and stranded knitting with 2 and 3 colors, a bit of design, shawl designs, fancy schmancy mittens and I learned something that I hadn't known about myself--I can learn and execute complicated cast-ons like it's my job. Who knew??
Denise Bayron and me in Rhinebeck.
This Entrelac shawl is one of my very first
"Just Be Brave and Do It" projects.  

Don't let your abilities, or perceived lack there of, keep you from attending. Instead consider this the perfect opportunity to dig deep into your awesome hobby and take it to the next level. For the more advanced knitters, there is always more to learn and even the most seasoned knitters will have a moment of "Wow. That's a great way to do that!".

I look forward to seeing you soon! Please feel free to keep the questions coming.

Peace,
Christine







No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Been A Minute

Hi Friends! It's been a minute on the blog post aspect of things - many, many minutes. I want to jump back into it with a few things.  P...