Thursday, September 5, 2019

Finding my Tribe

What a Year!

Hello Friends!

Christine here. It's been a pretty big year so far. I turned 50 and my husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary. One kid moved away, one kid is studying abroad and one kid is the only kid left in the house. So. Much. Change.
My Family

The good thing about turning 50--I felt like a switch was flipped. I felt like I was finally becoming the version of me that I wanted all along. No longer all wife or all mother, free to explore the things that I loved to do. More importantly, I began to realize the importance of self care and building my tribe. It is my turn now.  

A few years ago, I began attending the Quechee Vermont retreats. The women,  the Inn, the food, the YARN. Scrumptious. Vermont--you had me at Hello! That first retreat cemented my love of fiber, obsession with knitting and my desire to find a way to make this my job.  I just kept noodling the idea around in my head. 

Fast forward 4 years and here we are. I am taking Knitting and Yoga Adventures into the future! I can't believe this is my life now.  I cannot begin to express how much the connections I have made over the years, through the retreats, have stuck with me and influenced my life. My tribe is firmly in place and they are awesome. Let's build it up even more, together. There is lots of room here!
Posted on Instagram last year with
1 more sleep til Vermont

I look forward to being with all of you in the upcoming retreats. For 2020, we have the Cape Ann MA Retreat in April, KNIT MAINE in September and Quechee Vermont in November. What else does the future hold? We will see but I have lots of ideas spinning around up in my brain. I am anxious to share those ideas with you and hear your thoughts as well. 

See you soon!

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Been A Minute

Hi Friends! It's been a minute on the blog post aspect of things - many, many minutes. I want to jump back into it with a few things.  P...