Thursday, April 14, 2011

Fiber Fest-- Beginning Stages



I mentioned before how I like this idea of buying yarn spun from animals I've met. This idea has been fostered and fed by the trips we took in Maine, post-retreat, to meet flocks and their attendant humans. Well Lisa has a pretty exciting and sort of kooky idea along these lines, only we're not talking angora goats or fluffy sheep. She's got a pair of Labradoodles, and they've got some really gorgeous locks. So why not shear them and save up until there's enough to spin into some blend she can use to make... what? Hopefully a gift for me. Recently, she had the pair shaved and added the hairy yield to her growing collection. Above are before pictures. Below are the after pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Been A Minute

Hi Friends! It's been a minute on the blog post aspect of things - many, many minutes. I want to jump back into it with a few things.  P...