Wednesday, December 16, 2015

2016 Knitting Retreat Registration Opens January 1st!!



Hi Y'all,
Spike here. Today I'm sitting at the Rain or Shine Coffee Shop in Portland, Oregon. Just like I visit Monhegan Island annually, I also visit Portland, OR every year. But this year, my trip-- typically in August-- got pushed to December. On the downside, I really can't stand cold, wet weather. On the upside I sure get to wear a whole lot more of my hand knits than I typically am able to wear when I visit in summer.

Today I'm sporting some beautiful hand warmers my friend Pamela made for me-- they have a little bit of cable work up the center. And you can't see very well, but those are hand knit socks I'm wearing. I'm working on a super simple K2P2 scarf in Blue Sky Extra, which seems to have become my go to comfort yarn in 2015. A great wool/alpaca mix, it's so soft and it's pretty heavy so it knits up quick. I'm also still, ever so slowly, working on the NYX cowl designed by Norah Gaughan, which I started in the fall on Monhegan Island. I swear I will finish it soon. And I swear it will be the project that launches me to finally, no REALLY, start a cable sweater. I'm going to do one. And I'm going to do it right.

Speaking of setting goals-- it's time for New Year's Resolutions and might I suggest you resolve to join us on one or more of the Knitting and Yoga Adventures 2016 retreats? We're going to Vermont in the Spring and Fall and we're going to Monhegan Island in September. Registration opens on January 1, 2016. Visit our Knitting and Yoga Adventures home page to sign up.

Depending on when you attend you'll get to observe and participate in all sorts of fun activities including: lambing, maple tree tapping, birding, mill visits, farm-to-table meals, artist demonstrations, boat rides, yarn tastings, lobster bakes, island walks, incredible company and, of course, KNITTING KNITTING AND MORE KNITTING!!

Really hope to see you in the New Year.
Enjoy your winter knitting.
Spike

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Been A Minute

Hi Friends! It's been a minute on the blog post aspect of things - many, many minutes. I want to jump back into it with a few things.  P...