Monday, June 30, 2014



Hi Y'all!
Well I just got back from Monhegan Island about a week ago. The sunset picture was taken by my Austin friend, David Gottlieb, who just so happened to visit the island with his family while I was there. As I was mentioning in my last post I LOVE IT THERE! And I can't wait to see you when we head out with Knitting and Yoga Adventures in September. 

I've got a bunch of pictures for you. While I was out on the island I bonded, as I always do, with Holden, who will be our host at Monhegan House. Here we are bonding:


Mary Alice, who comes along as our massage genius, sent me an email while I was there and included pictures of her latest amazing knitted accessory. MA's sister makes her the most incredible things. To commemorate MA's 21st year of offering massages at the Boston Marathon, this is what she created:



Meanwhile, I kept chugging along on the socks I've been working on forever. I didn't get a ton of knitting done on the island, since I was there to write (and write I did-- 70 pages!). But during my eighteen gazillion-hour layover at JFK on the way home, I did manage to finish Sock One. And, not to brag or anything, but as I was sitting there in a busy airport kitchener stitching away, I felt a little pride. When I took a sock class years ago to fight my sock-making phobia, my teacher emphasized to us that we should never ever ever kitchener stitch in the presence of others, as it was too easy to get distracted. Now, though, I've finished enough toes so that I can almost do it with my eyes closed. (I'm sure I just jinxed myself saying all this, and the second sock will wind up with Funky Toe Issues). Here I am nonchalantly finishing the sock and then showing it off:



And finally for now, a post about Monhegan wouldn't be a post about Monhegan without several Amazing View pictures. So here are a couple of more for you to tide you over til you get there:



See you in ten weeks! Can't wait.
Spike

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Been A Minute

Hi Friends! It's been a minute on the blog post aspect of things - many, many minutes. I want to jump back into it with a few things.  P...