Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Whoa! Fewer than Two Months til Monhegan Island! Woo-Hoo!


Hey Y'all,
Well dang! Another year is just whipping by. I was just up in Fort Worth visiting with Lisa and her mom, and we were talking about how it's just about time to head out to Monhegan Island. I can't wait. I wish I could spend entire summers there.

I also caught Lisa up on my latest projects. Looks like I will just barely have time to finish the sweater I'm knitting to take on my trip to London which comes before my trip to Monhegan (I know, I know-- poor me). The bad news-- the London sweater is not looking as hot in real life as it does on the skinny model in the issue of Vogue Knitting from which I grabbed the pattern. The good news-- Lisa tells me I can just block the heck out of it and make it be anything I want. All right then! Good advice.

After the sweater, I need to kitchener stitch one sock, finish its mate (just about to the heel flap) and then... And then... well for those of you new to this blog, let's just say that I sometimes take on (or invent) interesting projects for myself. This time around, it was my friend's idea. She contacted me to say she has a big grandfather clock and wouldn't it look great if I knitted it a big sweater. Really. 

I showed her the yarn I was using for the Cowichan sweater I made for Bart, my tattoo artist, and she loved that. So I emailed Carol, the nice Canadian woman from whom I get my pencil roving Cowichan yarn, and I told her what the plan was-- a sort of cross between a huge sock and a balaclava to be worn by a large clock.

Carol replied that yes, she could supply the yarn and also boy, don't I have interesting friends. Can't deny that. So I think I'll try to knock out that sock post-London and pre-Monhegan so I can force y'all to admire pictures of it. You have been warned!


See you SOON!
Spike

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the "wrap" on the clock. What will you call it? "A Rockin Wrap Around the Clock"?
    See you soon,
    Linnea

    ReplyDelete

It's Been A Minute

Hi Friends! It's been a minute on the blog post aspect of things - many, many minutes. I want to jump back into it with a few things.  P...