Sunday, July 17, 2011

Reason #8,572,961 Why I Love the Monhegan Knit Retreat!



Y'all,
We are just a little over two months away from BEING THERE again! And I am counting the seconds. This week I'm thinking about yet another thing I love about the retreat: sharing. Sharing the jokes, sharing the stories, and sharing the lessons learned. I got to thinking about this because I taught my niece to knit a couple of years ago. Now she's getting ready to tackle her first sweater. I am SO proud of her-- I'm actually going to buy her all the supplies. I love sharing my knitting knowledge with her. And as I'm giving her pointers, mostly via email, I'm realizing how much I've learned on the knitting retreats about teaching and learning. Susan's patience, in particular, has helped me progress to places I never dreamed I'd be as a knitter. And paying attention to her teaching techniques has helped me better teach my niece and all the other folks I teach each year. So YAY for added retreat bonuses. Oh I am SO PSYCHED to be there already!

Spike

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Been A Minute

Hi Friends! It's been a minute on the blog post aspect of things - many, many minutes. I want to jump back into it with a few things.  P...