Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Knit Maine 2010


This is an exciting time for me! I have had the great pleasure of working with Phyllis Howe in co-producing an event called Knit Maine 2010 and it is now coming to fruition.

What began as an idea for the night before we leave on our trip... a cocktail party for those attending the retreat with a guest designers, a few shops, a yarn company or two has turned into an enormous 2-day event! I've never been accused of thinking small, but after talking to Phyllis for about 5 minutes I realized my vision had to expand.

This festival will take place August 28th and 29th in Freeport, Maine on the campus of The Merriconeag Waldorf School just off I295. The event will highlight all Maine has to offer in the fiber industry: yarn shops, designers, teachers, manufacturers, farms & their animals, as well as national businesses supporting them in their efforts. There will be workshops, demonstrations, food, presentations by celebrity designers.

Of course, now I'm back to square 1 in planning Saturday evening before we head up the coast to Port Clyde...

~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Been A Minute

Hi Friends! It's been a minute on the blog post aspect of things - many, many minutes. I want to jump back into it with a few things.  P...