Friday, August 14, 2009

Getting There!



Hey Y'all,
Lisa is off crafting away on vacation. I'm here in Austin in the six thousand degree heat, which I will not let deter me from working with wool, wool, and more wool. I just keep the a/c on and pretend I'm in Maine, which-- hooray-- I actually will be in THIRTY-SEVEN days!!

Lisa and I have been having a little knitalong, each of us working on a yoga mat bag she designed. Hopefully some of you are working on one, too. I'm taking the lazy knitter's route, just knitting in the round, a nice smooth surface made more interesting by my choice of variegated yarn. Lisa, the knit whiz, is sticking with the original pattern, which involves some lace. She's made quite a bit of progress, as you can see from the pictures.

I've actually made a good bit of progress, too, though I admit I got sidetracked by The Itch To Keep Multiple Projects Going At Once. I got the new Interweave KNITS a couple of weeks ago, fell in love with the sweater coat on the cover, designed by Deborah Newton, and immediately started in on it. I'm hoping to get it done in time for Monhegan, but I do sometimes get overly optimistic about these sorts of things. I guess we'll just have to see. For now, the goal is to finish the sweater, the yoga bag, a new hat, and maybe a scarf. Oh, okay, and a pair of lace socks. I know, I know... but a girl can dream, right?

Hope you're getting excited. I certainly am.
See ya soon,
Spike





No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Been A Minute

Hi Friends! It's been a minute on the blog post aspect of things - many, many minutes. I want to jump back into it with a few things.  P...