Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Success!



Okay, so this picture doesn't totally convey the success I'm having, but let it be a little tease. I'll take some more pictures soon. Right now, I'm here to say that I have made a decent amount of progress on my yoga mat bag. As I mentioned, Lisa is doing a lace mesh pattern. I, on the other hand, am simply knitting in the round, deriving my stylistic elements courtesy of using some Noro Blossom yarn which, with it's multi-fiber blend (including a little nylon) is promising to be quite sturdy. The bag seems like it might be a tad too wide, though when you think about it, what is "too wide"? Do I really want a form fitting yoga mat sock that will entail a struggle every time to pull over the mat? I do not.

I'm curious to see what Lisa will come up with for straps-- i-cords? More lace? Drawstring? I'm kind of thinking about i-cords for mine. I have sort of a love/hate relationship with i-cords. I don't like getting them started and when I'm in the middle of them they seem to take forever BUT...on the plus side, they do look very cool, work very well, and in fact, have a terrific rhythm to them once I really get cranking.

If you're working on a yoga mat bag, please let us know. You can even send in pictures and I'll post them.
Spike

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Been A Minute

Hi Friends! It's been a minute on the blog post aspect of things - many, many minutes. I want to jump back into it with a few things.  P...